How To Make A Self-Care Basket
Mother's Day is quickly approaching! It can be so hard to figure out a gift for the most important woman in your life. This year I decided to make self-care baskets for Mother's Day. I am making a basket for my mom and mother-in-law (who will probably see this before Mother's Day!). I plan on adding a few more things to my baskets, but wanted to share what I have thus far for anyone in need of a gift idea.
Self-care baskets are great gifts for a few different reasons.
1. It doesn't have to be expensive.
2. It encourages her to practice self-care.
3. You can personalize it by adding some of her favorite things.
Making self-care baskets is very simple. I bought the baskets and sparkly white tissue paper at Dollar Tree. They had a variety of baskets in different colors and sizes. I lined the baskets with tissue paper. Tissue paper can also be used to help position the items in the basket. I put balled up tissue paper underneath items to heighten them. The faux flowers are also from Dollar Tree and are simply decoration.
What to put in a self-care basket:
- Something to drink- tea, coffee, wine, hot chocolate
- Drinkware- coffee mug, water bottle, wine glass
- Aroma- candle, essential oils, diffuser
- Smell goods- lotion, soap, perfume
- Pampering items- face mask, body scrub, bath bombs,
- Beauty products- make up essentials or skin care items
- Something sweet- chocolate or favorite candy/snack
- Comfy clothes- leggings, yoga pants, slippers, robe
- Gift card- massage or spa, favorite store/restaurant, Starbucks, beauty products
Self-care baskets make great gifts for other occasions such as birthdays, bridal showers, or baby showers for the expecting mother. What would you want in your personal self-care basket?